posted to alt.sailing.asa
Bob Crantz

Default World's Best Ear Phones

"Commodore Joe Redcloud" wrote in message
On Thu, 12 Jan 2006 22:08:55 GMT, "Bob Crantz"
wrote:

Not only will sound
not leak in, but sound will not leak out to disturb others. The ER-4's are
indispensable tools for recording engineers especially when monitoring in
loud environment and particularly where it is essential to audition every
detail of the recording

They may be passable in a loud enviironment for someone like an audio
engineeer
doing sopund for a remote newscast in a war zone. I'll give you that much.

For work in a recording studio, I doubt you'll ever see those things used.
There
isn't a studio in the world that would use those things for mixdown. They
use
JBL speakers for that. It's almost universal. Nobody in their right mind
does
mixdown using headphones. For that matter, when I was working on projects
with
Andrew Loog Oldham (Produced first 6 albums for the Rolling Stones) in the
early
70's at Syncron Studios in Wallingford CT, the chief engineer used to take
copy of the mix on cassette and go out to his car to make sure the
finished
product would also be "right" on a car stereo. That engineer was Doc
Cavalier,
who invented DBX among other accomplishments.

Commodore Joe Redcloud

Krusty,

They do work very well for suppressing outside noise and would be regarded
in high noise environments.

I don't think you'll see them too often in recording studios either. The
recording engineers have their own preferences, the methods and equipment
have their own legacies.

Do you know a guy named John Puhl?

Amen!