Calif Bill

Default Stainless Steel Boat?

"CCred68046" wrote in message
Does anyone make an all stainless steel boat? Seems like something like

this
could give Triumph a real run for their money......

$$$$ and weight make it a loser. Manufacturing costs are also higher, a lot
higher. My aluminum jetboat has a replacement cost for a new one of about
$45,000. This is for a 21' boat, 0.190 aluminum bottom and welded. Look at
a rotomolded boat like the Triumph or my Ocean Kayak Agean. Throw some
plastic powder in a closed metal form, add heat and rotate. A while later,
pop the basic hull out of the mold. As opposed to an aluminum or Stainless
steel hull, where you have to have a huge press, stamp out panels, that you
weld together. Lots more labor and supplies cost.
Bill