Wayne.B

Default Catalina 470 vs. Tayana Vancouver 460

On Fri, 06 Jan 2006 10:29:51 GMT, wrote:

There are other people here who either have a pilothouse
boat or would like to get one and I don't see anything wrong
with them.

I think pilothouse boats are very desirable for all weather, long
range cruising. They are a bit of a compromise because of all the
exposed glass, but that can be addressed in various ways - self
bailing house with tight hatches; storm shutters, etc.

If I were going back to sail I'd probably be looking for a pilothouse
model of some kind. Cool in the summer, warm in the winter, dry all
the time - can't beat that.