QLW

Default advice on motor

Again, because I spend so much time on the water, fuel consumption becomes a
bigger factor in my engine choice. I really regret that I did not buy a 4
stroke 40 when I bought my current Johnson 25. But it was on sale, last
one, end of year... and it was more than "just adequate" for the Al. Jon
boat but "just bearly adequate" for my Carolina Skiff. So If I were buying
the G3, I'd go for a four stroke. But if the boat is only going to see the
water 8 or 10 times a year then the savings in fuel may not be enough to
justify the increased cost of the 4 stroke. But, in my opinion, there are
so many advanatages to the 4 over the 2 stroke that I would pay the
difference even if they got the same gas mileage.
My poor Johnson 25 is about 8 years old and has hardly ever been flushed out
with fresh water. The Skiff is winched up onto it's bunkboards on my pier
and I can't easily get to the motor to flush it so I don't. I know it will
have a limited life and when I have to replace it with an expensive 4 stroke
my attitude toward flushing may change.

"Thomas Townsend" wrote in message
om...
The G3 model that I'm getting is the 1652 SC. The motors are all
2-stroke, with 60 being the max. The 40 comes with the package, but a
50 is also available. The dry hull weight is listed at 660 lbs. The
boat is listed for 5 people with a maximum weight cap of 1100. What
do you think?