Doug Kanter

Default Yikes! Consumer Electronic Rip...

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
I finally got around to looking at the manuals for a TV set and DVD player
we have, and noticed there was a "new" way to hook them up together, with
an "HDMI" cable. The cable is supposed to provide the highest possible
video quality from a DVD to the TV set, and it also carries audio signals.

$100+ for the manufacturer's branded cable, same price for a "Monster"
cable. Unbelievable. The fittings on the cable sort of resemble the flat
ones on a USB cable, but they are not the same.

$100, for what I am sure is a perfectly ordinary cable. I had no idea SONY
had been taken over by the boating industry.

Anyway, I shopped around for a while, and found a no-name supplier who has
the cable for *only* $35. Sheesh. For a 6' cable with two 50-cent ends on
it.

Margins are pretty slim in the video biz. Accessories are the answer. By the
way, Monster Cable is pretty good stuff. They manufacturer them a little
slower. Better solder connections, etc etc....