posted to rec.boats.electronics
Geert Maene

Default where to find chart symbols

Peter Bennett schreef:
On Thu, 05 Jan 2006 11:59:12 GMT, Geert Maene
wrote:

Does anyone kwos where I can find the IHO symbols & abbrevevations. I
need this to edit my self scanned electronic chart.

Both the Canadian and US charting authorities publish booklets called
"Chart 1 - Symbols and Abbreviations" (each showing their own national
quirks, as well as the international stuff).

I would expect that chart authorities in other countries to have
similar publications, and that they would be available wherever you
buy charts.

I have the same booklet in paper. But I want the symbols electronic so I
can use them for chart edeting.

--
SEND FROM SAILINGVESSEL

LUNATIC