Jack Goff

Default First outing of the year!

On Tue, 03 Jan 2006 23:33:06 GMT, Jack Redington
wrote:

Jack Goff wrote:

Good old lake Murry, If you were by the dam I guess you were by "Bomb"
island. that is a pretty wide and long piece of water for sure. We
purchased our first boat from Mid Carolina marine when we lived just
outside of Lexington (about two miles from Lake Murry)

When they dropped the lake to get ride of the hydrilla problem did that
work ? We moved to Atlanta that year so we had not been back there since.

Capt Jack R..

Yep, that's exactly the area of the lake we were on. We keep the boat
at Jake's Landing.

They kept lowering the water level and spraying for the hydrilla, but
it didn't help much. They finally put in some Grass Carp last year,
and that's supposed to take care of the problem. They are sneaking up
up the required number of carp to do the job, so they don't overun and
eat away all of the cover for the other fish. The carp are sterile so
they have to be replenished.

Watching the Purple Martins come back to roost in the evenings on Bomb
Island is a treat, isn't it? Amazing that those birds picked that one
island in the middle of the lake for their summer home.

Jack