Tony Thomas

Default advice on motor

Absolutely. You can always back off on the gas but you can never add more.
The 40 is not going to get the job done with 3 or more people in the boat.
Go w/ the max hp rating (I assume 60) if you plan to max out the people.
Cost now is nothing compared to not liking the boat and trying to upgrade
for $2000 or more later.
You will love the boat with plenty of power. You will hate it and run it
wide open all the time with the 40.

--
Tony
My boats and autos - http://t.thomas.home.mchsi.com

"Thomas Townsend" wrote in message
om...
I'm considering purchasing a 16' G3 jon boat. The package comes with
a 40 Yamaha. My question: Should I go with the 40, or should I move
up to the 50 or 60? Usually there will be only a couple of people in
the boat, but there will be times when there will be a total of 4-5
adults. To move up from the 40 to the 50 would cost 420. Do you
think it's worth the extra money?
TIA
Thomas