posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Fold down swim platform

Discussion of Bob's swim platform got me thinking..........why not
build a fold down swim platform on a boat that does not have one? The
outboard ends could be held by cable that goes to eyebolts on the
transom. Yeah, it'd look like hell but I dont care.
I'd like to find out a little more about how swim platforms are used.
Under sail its nice to throw a rope off the back and get pulled along
but in some places you just feel like you are trollin fer sharks.
Maybe a swim platform would allow you to drag your feet to stay cool.