Lloyd Sumpter

Default row boat fish finder

Yup - I ended up with NiCads from a specialty battery store. Turned out I could
have used the NiMH's: the solar cells had lots of voltage.

Lloyd

On Fri, 19 Mar 2004 19:44:19 +0000, Jim wrote:

Lloyd,

Is this the project you were working on a year or so ago and were
looking for ni-cads for it? If so, did you go with ni-cads or ni-mh's?

-Jim

Lloyd Sumpter wrote:
On Fri, 19 Mar 2004 01:40:39 +0000, calhoun wrote:

Saw a guy with a fish finder that hung over the side of a row boat. It was
self contained. (no external battery)Didn't catch the manufacture. Anyone seen
one of these? do they work?
thanks

I made my own (at about 1/2 the price!) by mounting a Pirahna sounder in a
tupperware box. The transducer mounts on the transom with a bolt and butterfly
nut, or on a stick for Vinyl Valerie or other boat that doesn't have a
"permanent" mounting position. I threw my old Garmin GPS II+ in there as well,
and it's all powered by 8 AA rechargable batteries connected to some solar
panels on the top of the box.

Lloyd