d parker

Default Training for sailboats/yachts

"Andy" wrote in message
oups.com...

People with 7000 sea miles of experience scare you? I guess you are
easily frightened. I am all for knowing the proper techniques for
various situations, but for a cruiser what is the real advantage of an
instructor over a well written book once you have learned basics of
sail trim, docking, and helmsmanship?

Andy

Yes you scare me, if that's your attitude towards learning without a person
on board to prevent mistakes being made. If you have made it without
injuring someone or breaking boat too much I congratulate you. However,
books only tell you what to do. They rarely tell you what not to do.

DP