N.L. Eckert

Default lawn mower outboard

i must have seen about 100 posts where someone starts off asking a
question like 'i was thinking I could save myself some money by turning
a lawn mower (or motorbike, leaf blower etc etc) engine into an
outboard. can it be done'
==================================
Sears made an outboard with an aircooled engine. I think it was built
by a company called "Eska". I wound up with a 5 HP Sears motor in a
trade for an old snowmobile. It was cranky, noisy and hard to start.
But the worst part was that it had the lawn mower sediment bulb on the
bottom that had to be adjusted each time I started it. It leaked gas so
bad that I couldn't keep it inside the boat. I had a swing up bracket
on a 30 ft. Chris and kept it out there when ever I used it. I rarely
caught any fish when I trolled with the thing, probably the noise drove
them away......

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all, Norm