posted to uk.rec.boats.paddle
Alan Adams

Default Cycle canoe trailer legal?

In message
Peter Clinch wrote:

Norbert wrote:
I've seen picture of cycle-drawn kayak trailers on the web, and even of
kayaks perched on motorbike side cars, but I am wondering does anyone know
about legality and availability of such trailers in the UK?

There's plenty of good freight trailers available. A good source for
this sort of thing is VeloVision magazine (http://www.velovision.co.uk/)
and it's associated discussion board.

For the legalities, I guess you'll just need to check the relevant
sections of Highway Code and Road Traffic Act, but I don't see any
particular reason why it wouldn't be.

There is a maximum permitted length of trailers and I believe of sidecars
for motorcycles. Don't know about cycles though.

Alan

--
Alan Adams, from Northamptonshire

http://www.nckc.org.uk/