posted to uk.rec.boats.paddle
Norbert

Default Cycle canoe trailer legal?

I've seen picture of cycle-drawn kayak trailers on the web, and even of
kayaks perched on motorbike side cars, but I am wondering does anyone know
about legality and availability of such trailers in the UK?

I sometimes fancy paddling a stretch of river far aways from home and I
don't always have a partner to car shuffle with. If I could secure a cycle
and a trailer near the egress point, that may ba a way of getting the boat
back to the car at the end of the trip.

Clearly a 50 pound royalex tandem canoe may not be great for such a setup,
but something a bit lighter my 'engine' and my bike's brakes might be able
to cope with.

Any ideas / comments / experience with this?