Mickey

Default OT 1986 100hp Johnson VRO question?

Another deal deal has gone south for me as the local Johnson guru is swamped
with work and can't look at my new/used motor. I picked up a 1986 100hp
Johnson V4 J100WTCDR I've ordered the books and have some knowledge from
working on an old Mercury 850E that died last years at a tender 31 years
old.

The Johnson guru was adamant about taking out the oil injection and
premixing the fuel oil which isn't a problem for me after doing it so many
years with the old Mercury. I've found what looks like the solution for the
problem with a OMC fuel pump #8402 which is suggested at
http://outboardparts.com/omc/mall/dynamic-results2.asp is there anything
else that needs to be done to take out the VRO system such as the oil level
sensor?

As far as I know the carbs need to be rebuilt, replace the fuel pump with or
without the VRO, change out the thermostats and install a new water pump.
Along with the books I ordered I should be able to pull this off under $500
with $300 invested in the motor so far.

Thanks
Mick