Bob La Londe

Default Force Lekaing Oil

Its fresh clear oil leaking out.

--
Public Fishing Forums
Fishing Link Index
www.YumaBassMan.com

webmaster
at
YumaBsssMan
dot
com
"Jim" wrote in message
Bob,

Are you sure it's not a black oil slime rather than fresh oil leaking
out? If its the slime, it could be from the exhaust leaking around the
exhaust seal in the leg. Don't assume the leak. Remove the bottom
screw on the foot and see what comes out. Straight oil=good. Milky
white oil=not good. Water before any oil starts coming out=bad. If the
latter two, it's at least time for a seal kit. If it's the last and you
don't know how long it might have been going on, there could be rust on
those internals.

I just realized I was assuming above that you were referring to seeing
this after the boat was out of the water. If I assumed wrong and you
saw this while the boat was in the water, note that once the motor is
running, exhaust leaves the lower end at the prop. Either way, check
the oil in the foot first!

-Jim

Bob La Londe wrote:
I took out my little Waco with the 50 HP Force for the first time

yesterday.
When I was tinkering around with the boa this morning I noticed there

was
some oil leaking out of the water inlet. I'm guessing that's lower unit
oil. Not a good sign. What is the most likely culprit for the leak?