posted to rec.boats.paddle
Joe McIntosh

Default fishing from sit in

"riverman" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hey IJ:
I'm not sure I understand your question. You are asking how to connect
your boat to a pole (not a fishing pole) that is speared in the ground
as an anchor point? And the problem is: how to connect the boat to the
anchor pole (and I assume, without a lot of slack in the line)...is
this correct?

Some folks bolt a clam-cleat on their deck for rescues. You could tie
the anchor rope to a U-bolt on the deck, jam the pole into the ground,
then just haul in the slack and cleat it in a clamcleat to keep the
boat close to shore.

Let me know if this is what you are asking..

--riverman
Joe answers---that is about what I am asking---SOT folks have drain holes
thru their hulls and are just sticking a metal rod into ground thru this
hole for temporary anchorage while fishing. I am trying to accomplish same
thing with my Loon.

Do not want to use the anchor system with lines running length of kayak as
fly fishing and landing fish do not work well with extra lines off hull.

thanks for your help