Vødkäjéllÿ

Default Mouldy Old Boats and cleaning tip request!

Hello group, I am posting here as you seem to be a busy boat loving bunch of
people...

We have an inflatable boat and it rolls up in a nice bag for storage. We
stored it in the shed with the engine and boards and rudder, and went to
check on it, and it's covered in MOULD! Argh! The rubberised canvas bags
the boat is in is all mottled too (it was only stored in there for just
under a month). I've been washing the whole thing but it doesn't seem to
come off.

Is there a chemical cleaner I should be using to remove the mould and stop
it appearing again?

We will be storing it in the house now, under the stairs in the warm.

Please respond, I'll keep popping back in between washing and drying and
worrying.

--

Helen

Posting from DAMP SOGGY England