posted to alt.sailing.asa
rgnmstr

Default Main Sail Trim

With end boom sheeting using a Harken Hexi Cat and a windward
sheeting traveler car I can sit outboard of the wheel on my boat and
have total control in any conditions. Plus I can see the leech from
where I'm trimming.
I helped a friend deliver his new thirty footer a number of years
ago on a 4 day trip down the length of the Chesapeake. On day 2 we had
35kts on a beam reach. He had mid boom sheeting and a coach roof
traveler and you could not ease the main with any control and it was a
bitch to sheet in and that was on a reach!