posted to alt.sailing.asa
Jonathan Ganz

Default Main Sail Trim

In article om,
Joe wrote:
As effective with mid boom sheeting?.................... I think not.

How's that effect your boom vang. Little crowed eh?

Can't you get better end sail trim with an end boom mounted sheet?....
ie, flatter sail.

Face it you mid sheeting sailors..... the aft end of your sail is out
of control!

You need a boom long enough to clear your cockpit... and an aft cabin
top or mizzen mast to sheet to for a proper layout IMO. ;0) Safe for
the kiddies easy safe access to the sheets nice leverage and proper
trim. That way you can locate your boom vang 1/3 aft the mast and
better control the total shape of your sails.

On my Cal, I had end boom sheeting with a Barney post. And, I had the
usual vang. Worked great, since you could sit in the center of the
cockpit and reach everything.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com