Billgran

Default 225 Evinrude starter

"Diver1055" wrote in message

Later model 225 engines used a counter rotating gearcase and the motor
turned in the traditional clockwise manor. Part number 586411 is the
original starter which has been superceded by a more powerful version #
586731.

Bill Grannis
service manager

The Enigine is a 1994 Evinrude 225 CR. The starter I pulled out of it is
#586289. I am going to get this one rebuilt, but I would like to have a

spare,
and hopefully I can get one that would work on both engines....

Thanks
Rick

Yep, the 586289 starter supercedes to 586411, then to the 586731.
Individual parts for the starter are available at any Johnson/Evinrude
dealer.

Bill Grannis
service manager