Diver1055

Default 225 Evinrude starter

You did not give us the model number of your outboard, and it makes a
difference. The '86-'87 counter rotation 225's (and V-8s) turned the motors
CCW and needed special starters and water pump assemblies. That starter part
number is 397264.

Later model 225 engines used a counter rotating gearcase and the motor
turned in the traditional clockwise manor. Part number 586411 is the
original starter which has been superceded by a more powerful version #
586731.

Bill Grannis
service manager

The Enigine is a 1994 Evinrude 225 CR. The starter I pulled out of it is
#586289. I am going to get this one rebuilt, but I would like to have a spare,
and hopefully I can get one that would work on both engines....

Thanks
Rick