Skipper

Default 1971 Aquarius 23 swingkeel

On Mon, 14 Nov 2005 17:19:34 -0800, "Gordon"
wrote:

Any comments on these boats, good bad or ugly?

I really liked the boat and I still own one. (It's for sale.) It
is very beamy and has a LOT of room for a 23'. It is not heavily built
and I would never take it off-shore. But it is built better than a lot
of small sailboats.
I thought the boat sailed well, considering its wide beam. I
often beat Catalina 22s and MacGreggor 26es. It has a fractional rig
and the headsail is roller-reefed; something way ahead of its time. It
is easy to rig and launch from a trailer.

The Aquarius 23 was the boat that convinced my wife it will be fun
to live on a boat and sail around the world. We bought a 45' cutter
and plan to sail away next summer. (grin)