posted to alt.sailing.asa
Gary

Default Birdboats of a Feather

Joe wrote:
I had some corrosion in my sail locker. When I replaced the bad steel I
welded it flush.

Don't you feel that doubling plates in the long run causes serious
electrolysis issues and should be avoided?

How thick is her hull? 1/2"

I ran a rivited tug in the early 90's. 1" thick hull that had 3 feet of
rust mud in the bilge with a few cement piles. What a nightmare that
tug was.

Joe

We have used some pretty good modern paints on the hull inside and out
now. Corrosion is always an issue but it is not my boat, and it is the
Navy's decision on how to take care of it. I am the driver.

I think it is 3/8" plate