posted to rec.boats.paddle
freighter canoe

Default kayak plans second post

Try 'Adney and chapelle', Skin and bark boats of north america, for
lots of line drawings that you can scale up, as well as the traditional
measurements and means of construction.It is also a great read. For
fabric I prefer multiple layers of aircraft dacron to canvas as it is
easier to use and more durable. I have got to a relatively
bulletproof(so far) layering routine for the painting that withstands
repeated surf landings and launchings(18 years and counting with the
freighter canoes). I have done a couple of kayaks but mostly canoes(4
kids). peter