JIMinFL

Default Need a Good Book on Basic Wiring in a Boat For Beginner

Good answer Gene. I was just trying to illustrate that you need to pay
attention to what you are doing while playing with electricity, even with
simple boat wiring.
Jim
"Gene Kearns" wrote in message
On Tue, 22 Nov 2005 18:04:10 GMT, "JIMinFL"
wrote:

This setup is kind of tricky, and not fool proof. What if you forget to
turn
the manual switch off and turn the battery switch off. Then the float
switch
turns the pump on. What would be the effect on circuits that had been
disconnected by the battery switch? What could you do to prevent this
effect?

Jim,

That's a hell of a good point that I hadn't considered..... probably
because mine also has a light next to the switch and I rarely use it
except during a wash down.

I would think that the simplest fix would be to add a diode in line
between the bilge pump and the switch.

--

_ ___c
\ _| \_

Grady-White Gulfstream, out of Southport, NC.

http://myworkshop.idleplay.net/
Homepage*
http://www.thebayguide.com/rec.boats
Rec.boats at Lee Yeaton's Bayguide