posted to rec.boats.electronics
Lloyd

Default Best PC-based Chart display software?

Hi,

I have Maptech Ocean Navigator software (came with the CD)to show the
NDI charts and my GPS-based position. I don't like it. It's too big
(takes FOREVER to load!), too complex, and for all the features, I can't
figure out simple things like getting it to auto-load a new chart when my
GPS-based boat goes off the display.

Any opinions on what I should look at? Fugawi? OziExplorer? Something
else? Note that it needs to read BSB *VERSION 4* charts (which apparently
are completely different from version 3 BSB )

Also, if anybody knows any program that runs on Linux that can read the
Ver 4 BSB charts, that would be good too (I only found ones that read Ver
3)

Lloyd Sumpter
"Far Cove" Catalina 36