FMac

Default Marathon, Fl to the Exumas

"Dave" wrote in message
On Fri, 18 Nov 2005 22:27:22 GMT, "FMac" said:

Are there any safe routes across the Great Bahama Bank south of Andros
Island that can be run at night or with poor visibility (5 1/2 foot
draft)?

If not, what is the best route from Marathon to the lower Exumas?

Check your charts. You will be running against a current and it's rather
shallow in the southern area of Andros Island. You might want to

reconsider
changing your route northwardly.

I take it that checking his charts is what lead to the question.

If I understand correctly what you're trying to say it's that you know the
area, and the answer to his first question is no.

I took the northerly route, because I was sailing solo. Perhaps, with a
lookout forward the area north of 23N can be navigated successfully.