Jason

Default 1971 Aquarius 23 swingkeel

I had an Aquarius 21 for a while. It was fun, easy to launch, rig and sail.
I did not feel that it was a "good performer" but it was ok for the money.
There was a lot of space in the cabin and it was a good boat for weekend
trips. I also liked the woodwork in mine.

In retrospect I can see that it had some weak points, especially compared to
a similar boat like a Catalina 22. The Aquarius 21 was built without a
bilge, so any water that dripped in or was tracked in pooled on the cabin
sole. I don't know if the 23 has the same fault. The swing keep was poorly
mounted and banged from side to side in the trunk when at anchor, not a
problem underway. The rig was a bit undersized and the boat didn't sail
well in light air. Also, on the 21, the cockpit sole (floor) was near the
waterline and water would flood back up the drains if there were more than
two people sitting aft.

So my opinion is that are a good value, maybe on par with a small McGregor,
but not very high on quality.

Regards
Jason

"Gordon" wrote in message

Any comments on these boats, good bad or ugly?

Ask not for whom the terrorist bell tolls; it tolls for thee, and thee,
and
thee--for decent, innocent people everywhere.