pdxsailordiver

Default 1971 Aquarius 23 swingkeel

Gordon wrote:
Any comments on these boats, good bad or ugly?

Ask not for whom the terrorist bell tolls; it tolls for thee, and thee, and
thee--for decent, innocent people everywhere.

We had an Aquarius 23 for a couple ofl years. We cruised it on the
columbia river, South Puget sound, San-Jauns and desolation sound( 25
day's) Family of four. The boat did not sail very well with much heel.
Keep it flat and it sailed great. Our boat had the compresion post at
the under the mast which was something I ws told to look for. I added a
cabinet on the port side by the galley. Easy boat to rig my wife and I
even rigged it a few times in the dark using only flash lights. We out
grew the boat and my wife (6') wanted some head room.
So to keep her happy I bought her a boat with some head room a santana
28 then a cascade42.
Tim