NOYB

Default (OT) US Balance Sheet (2002) (most recent)

"Steven Shelikoff" wrote in message
On 5 Mar 2004 04:16:41 -0800, (basskisser) wrote:

Jim wrote in message

Current Financial Report of the United States 2002
http://www.fms.treas.gov/fr/

Summary

America's liabilities minus assets = US$ 31 trillion

My calculator doesn't have enough "0"s to divide by 280 million

population

But, according to NOYB, it's a great thing to pay interest on $31
trillion dollars!!!

That all depends on the rate. If I can get myself a loan for $31
trillion dollars at a low rate I'd take it in a second and happily pay
the interest.

Could you loan me a billion or so, Steve? Can I amortize it out ad
infinitum and only pay interest on the loan, too?