Jim

Default (OT) US Balance Sheet (2002) (most recent)

Current Financial Report of the United States 2002
http://www.fms.treas.gov/fr/

Summary

America's liabilities minus assets = US$ 31 trillion

My calculator doesn't have enough "0"s to divide by 280 million population

-rick-

"Insomniac" wrote in message
$ 1,107,142.86

31e12/280e6=

$110,714

-rick-

basskisser

Jim wrote in message ...
Current Financial Report of the United States 2002
http://www.fms.treas.gov/fr/

Summary

America's liabilities minus assets = US$ 31 trillion

My calculator doesn't have enough "0"s to divide by 280 million population

But, according to NOYB, it's a great thing to pay interest on $31
trillion dollars!!!

Steven Shelikoff

On 5 Mar 2004 04:16:41 -0800, (basskisser) wrote:

Jim wrote in message ...
Current Financial Report of the United States 2002
http://www.fms.treas.gov/fr/

Summary

America's liabilities minus assets = US$ 31 trillion

My calculator doesn't have enough "0"s to divide by 280 million population

But, according to NOYB, it's a great thing to pay interest on $31
trillion dollars!!!

That all depends on the rate. If I can get myself a loan for $31
trillion dollars at a low rate I'd take it in a second and happily pay
the interest.

Steve
NOYB

"Jim" wrote in message

Current Financial Report of the United States 2002
http://www.fms.treas.gov/fr/

Summary

America's liabilities minus assets = US$ 31 trillion

My calculator doesn't have enough "0"s to divide by 280 million population

The number of people alive in the US today is irrelevant. What makes you
think that the current debt has to be paid off within the lifespan of the
youngest person alive today? The nation's debt never comes "due". It's
amortized out into infinity.

Don White

NOYB wrote in message
hlink.net...

The number of people alive in the US today is irrelevant. What makes you
think that the current debt has to be paid off within the lifespan of the
youngest person alive today? The nation's debt never comes "due". It's
amortized out into infinity.

Good idea...we'll 'stick it' to the kids and then our grandchildren.
Maybe the world will end and no one will have to pay it off. After all, you
win the game if you die owing money.

Jim--

Jim wrote in message

Current Financial Report of the United States 2002
http://www.fms.treas.gov/fr/

Summary

America's liabilities minus assets = US$ 31 trillion

My calculator doesn't have enough "0"s to divide by 280 million

population

But, according to NOYB, it's a great thing to pay interest on $31
trillion dollars!!!

That all depends on the rate. If I can get myself a loan for $31
trillion dollars at a low rate I'd take it in a second and happily pay
the interest.

Steve

Hell, we just bought a new loaded Toyota Highlander and got 1.9% financing.
We could have paid cash for it but decided to finance it at this cheap rate.
I can certainly earn more than 1.9% on that cash.

NOYB

Jim wrote in message

Current Financial Report of the United States 2002
http://www.fms.treas.gov/fr/

Summary

America's liabilities minus assets = US$ 31 trillion

My calculator doesn't have enough "0"s to divide by 280 million

population

But, according to NOYB, it's a great thing to pay interest on $31
trillion dollars!!!

That all depends on the rate. If I can get myself a loan for $31
trillion dollars at a low rate I'd take it in a second and happily pay
the interest.

Could you loan me a billion or so, Steve? Can I amortize it out ad
infinitum and only pay interest on the loan, too?