Default Atlantic Crossing on a 26' MacGregor ?

"Bryan" wrote:
How far do you think a 26' boat can travel on 170 gallons
of diesel without using the sails ?

I supose you would most likely make it across the pond with it
but why bother?

Why does Tayana build sailboats that can go 2,000 nm under
power on a single tank (325 gallons) of diesel ?

If I actually want to sail across the Atlantic or Pacific wouldn't
it be nice to know that if the mast and sails and communication
equipments get damaged I won't be stranded in the middle of
the ocean ?

And if I can replace the water in the ballast tank with up to
150 gallons of diesel then my boat won't be any heavier than
necessary. So doesn't this make it an even more logical thing
to do ?

There are also other advantages of having a bluewater boat that
is trailerable.

For example, if you live on the East Coast of the U.S. you won't
have to lose your boat to the hurricanes if you can just put it on
your trailer and move it further inland.

Or if you live on the West Coast and would like to go sailing
in the Bahamas you can just tow your boat to Florida and sail
from there without having to go down to Panama.