Gary G

Default Details on US - Canada crossing

On Tue, 08 Nov 2005 07:41:46 GMT, "Pace" wrote:

I have a couple of friends that have had bad experiences clearing Customs at
Roche harbor. the general consensus is to clear at Friday harbor instead.

"Gary G" see.signature@bottom wrote in message
.. .
It appears that the total picture for going from US to
Canada and back is pretty aweful. I have no experience
in this venue. Can someone tell me what is involved in
this in reality? I have read the official Web links about going
and coming. It just seems like it is a real hassle and
not worth the time to go from WA to Canada.

[snip]

What are the details of their experience, please? I "thought" that
Roche was OK. I did hear VHF chatter when at Friday Harbor about
customs but I did not know the nuances since we did not need to clear.

Gary Gaugler, Ph.D.
Microtechnics, Inc.
Granite Bay, CA 95746
916.791.8191