Dr. Dr. Smithers

Default Jet Ski overheating problem

Doug,

Let me make a correction here. I am able to go slow enough to avoid most
accidents. If a large tanker suddenly decides to pull into my side of the
channel it is very possible the tanker could force me out of the channel and
into a shoal or rocks. If my boat was damaged by the tanker, I and my
insurance company would seek restitution from the tanker.

If a sailboat was heading towards me in a marina with very narrow channel,
it is possible for that sailboat to change course as we are passing each
other and hit my boat without me assuming any responsibility.

"Dr. Dr. Smithers" Ask Me about my Phd @ Diploma Mill .com wrote in
message news:...
Doug,
I am able to manage my boat and go slow enough to avoid boat traffic, no
matter what the other boats do, but many ships are not. The ColRegs are
not written to regulate my actions but for all boat/ship traffic. I was
highlighting the obvious error you made when you said if any boat/ship is
involved in an accident, they are at fault. This is not correct.

"DSK" wrote in message
.. .
Dr. Dr. Smithers wrote:

Doug,
Do you have any idea how narrow many channels are?
Take a look at the majority of the St. Law. Seaway.

Actually, that's VERY wide as channels go. Are you suggesting that you
cannot manage to drive your boat along a course and keep it within 100
yards or so of where it should be?

Are you also suggesting that going SLOW when close to other boat traffic
is not an option?

DSK