Default Jet Ski overheating problem

"jet skis" are actually NOT noisy anymore! Probably the quietest and
cleanest-running power boats being sold. And neither I, nor any of my

The vast majority are quite noisy.

Nope, certainly not the vast majority of the ones being manufactured
and sold now. They are dead quiet. My four-stroke, the loudest sound
is the waves against the hull,and my wife and I can have a normal
conversation without raising our voices while running at speed...and
all the pwc manufacturers are marketing their new four-stroke models
almost exclusively

I am a cruiser too,

Well, that's nice!

My point was that I have every right, not only that, but that it's
perfectly appropriate for me to be reading and posting here; your
newsgroup being for "cruisers."

Like you and other boaters and cruisers in bigger boats, I
boaters, get angry at the behavior of the too-large percentage of

people who do idiotic dangerous irresponsible things on the water

"too-large percentage of people who do idiotic ... things" are what we're
talking about.

Yes but the crucial point I was making and you seem to have missed
right there, is that there is that the problem is not, and not nearly,
exclusive to pwc's, but exists across
all segments of the recreational boating world. So your prejudiced,
mean-spirited, ill-informed, stereotyping comments about pwc'ers ("the
people who drive around on them are
the seaborne equivalent of morons") are unfair and inaccurate
(although, nice word there,"seaborne," impressive!). (And once again,
I am so glad to note that I never get this feeling from actual fellow
boaters on the water, mainly just from usenet assholes, but I'm still
not going to let it stand.)

It doesn't matter how many anecdotal experiences you've had observing
pwc'ers doing dumb things, you and I have both seen just as many idiots
in bigger boats doing just as many comically or frighteningly bad
stupid things, at the ramp, on the water, around sailboats and surfers,
in the channel, at the marina, in the no-wake zone, near the shore.

Well, I haven't see just as many idiots on sailboats annoy the entire
harbor, nearly run over swimmer, disturb the natural habitat, pollute the
water, etc., as jetskiers.

....or as other power boaters besides "jetskiers," right? I already
have said that I think sailboaters are probably on average, more
skilled and better educated than power boaters simply because it takes
more effort, skill and experience to operate one in the first place.
But a special distinction just for pwc'ers is where you go wrong. We
are just power boaters, really the same as any other except that our
boats are smaller (and, maybe, more fun!).

Anyway, again, as with the "noise" issue, the fact is that
modern-generation pwc'ers (let's say for the last five years easily)
are among the cleanest-running and least-polluting powerboats on the
water. The technology has just skyrocketed, and the fuel efficiency is
amazing (I go about 125 miles on an 18.5 gallon tank of regular and
burn no oil; lots of bigger boats can't make any better "pollution"
claims than those, but several other pwc models do even better than
mine). Again your statements are just based on stereotypes and
outdated information and if you refuse to update your knowledge of the
situation, I'm gonna point out the falsehood of your statements about
it every chance I get.

I guess I don't get out enough. I do know many
places where they are specifically banned.

Some people don't seem to like 'em, it's true. BUT if you've been
paying any attention to developments over the last few years, you'd
know that the majority of pwc bans in national parks have been ROLLED
BACK and reversed over the last five years as the results of mandated
environmental impact studies have come in and shown that pwc's make no
more, and in many cases, less, noise, pollution and impact on wildlife
than that of other power boats.

By the same token, pwc's probably have
a slightly higher percentage of clueless newbies and kids on them than
larger boats, again because they're easier to afford and to get behind

Didn't you just contradict yourself here?

Not at all....I graciously conceded a point....I don't ignore reality
in my arguments. But my admitting to a potentially "slightly higher
percentage" of inexperienced operators on pwc's as compared to other
categories of boat, due to the factors I cited, doesn't validate or
vindicate your apparent broad sweeping indictments/dismissals of all
pwc users or the majority of them as being "morons" etc.

richforman