Don White

Default Need Info on Buying Outboard Motor from eBay

Doug Kanter wrote:
"John" wrote in message
oups.com...

The important thing is your woman is going to leave you for a guy with
a more reliable engine. Good point there Doug. I'm sure I'll get laid
more if I have a new engine. But then again, I'm married, so it isn't
like I could get laid any less.

John

Rope, John. The secret is rope. Tell her that you think you both need to
know how to tie more knots, for BOATING SAFETY reasons. You never know when
you'll need to dock someplace with no cleats, so you have to know how to tie
to post-shaped things. Small tree, wrist, ankle, it's all the same. Practice
at home.

When taking my Piloting course at the CPS...I made up a little portable
'knot station' to practice on.
It had a cleat, a ring, a pole you could slip a line over and a pole you
had to tie to the middle of. The instructor got a kick out of it when I
brought it in to demonstrate my knot requirement.