Doug Kanter

Default Need Info on Buying Outboard Motor from eBay

wrote in message
ups.com...
I would like to know people experience in buying an outboard motor from
eBay. I have previously bought some stuff from eBay; but those are
inexpenisve items. What I want to know a

Before doing that, consider this. Let's say it's a gorgeous weekend, you're
all cranked up to be on the boat, your girlfriend or wife says she really
wants to have sex in the boat under the stars, and the food & beer are all
packed up. The motor doesn't start. You take it to the dealer who handles
warranty for your motor. Like most shops, they're swamped during the best
part of the boating season. But, if they're like my dealer, they might move
you ahead of other repairs if you bought the motor there. They might even
fix it at 4:45 PM on a Saturday, when they really wanted to go home at 5:00
(something mine did for me once).

Do you think you have any leverage at all if you didn't buy it there? How
will the e-bay savings look to you at that moment?