Default Need Info on Buying Outboard Motor from eBay

I would like to know people experience in buying an outboard motor from
eBay. I have previously bought some stuff from eBay; but those are
inexpenisve items. What I want to know a

- How do we check the motor without seeing it?

- Can we remotely hire a mechanic to check the motor
for us?

- Is there any recourse if the motor is a lemon?

- How do they handle repair under warranty? I doubt
that the vendor can provide any warranty especially
if they are far away; I ask anyway.

- How much is the shipping cost for a 300-lb 115HP
outboard motor anyway? I am afraid that the shipping
cost will eat up all the saving that I may be able
to get from buying from eBay.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Jay Chan