Meindert Sprang

Default Cold molding with thin strips

wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi Brian,

I wish there was a standard way to draw diagrams on the net. I'm not
quite sure if I've understood correctly. Do you mean that the first set
of ribs would be mainly vertical (for a "conventional bathtub", they
would look like U's), and the second set would be longitudinal? ie, a
see-through grid of ribs. If so, would you recommend attaching a
sheathing of thin ply before applying the glass skin?

See http://www.gartsideboats.com/jessie.php
This is a could moulded design, where temporary stringers are laid fore and
aft, to hold steam bent frames. This is covered with two layers of wood, one
1/4" thick, the second 1/8". When you add a 3rd layer, you can probably
leave the frames out. BTW, this boat is not covered with glass.
If you build the same boat with strips, you need glass inside and out but no
ribs are needed.

Meindert