Mark

Default Leaking drain plug flange

The flange for the drain plug at the bottom of the transom in my boat has
been leaking (not the plug itself) and has been a difficult leak to find.
But after some searching and using mirriors to find it, the next task is to
fix it.

Now that the boat is out of the water (for the winter), I removed the flange
being held on with 2 self tapping screws and a long bolt. I was surpised
not to be able to see any sort of sealant around the flange where it mounts
onto the fiberglass, so I am quite confident this is where the leak was.

Beyond using the typical RTV sealant, does anyone have an alternate or
possibly better recommendation? FYI, it is a 1986 Dearay Sundacer.

Mark (the rail & canopy hook guy)
www.ripnet.com/vtf/prod03.htm