johnhh

Default Is there a proper 1st Aid Kit that can be bought "off the shelf" at a reasonable price ?

Larry, it seems the Coast Guard doesn't agree with your safety over
economics view. Over weight people on the NY tour boat that capsized is on
of the potential causes being considered. Since the population is plumping
up, boat capacities need to be reconsidered.

"Asked why the Coast Guard did not move more quickly on the
weight-per-person calculation, McArdle said: "It has such wide-ranging
implications. You need to address the economic impact on the industry,
looking at the scope. It's not something where we can just say, 'Now
passenger ferries must carry 20 fewer people.'""

"Larry" wrote in message
WaIIy wrote in
:

You will get several replies. One thing I would strongly suggest is a
proper waterproof box, preferably "O" ring sealed.

I found out the hard way.

I worry about "a reasonable price", myself. What's "a reasonable price"
when the wife has cut off her finger 50 miles from shore? What's "a
reasonable price" when something is wrong with the kids? What's "a
reasonable price" when Dad is incapacitated, usually the only REAL sailor
aboard who can handle her, the wife not strong enough and the kids not
allowed?

Nope...First Aid, just like the liferaft, ditch bag, GPS-enabled 406 Mhz
EPIRB and other safety equipment is no time to get CHEAP. If you can't
afford good safety equipment...you shouldn't be "out there". Go by the
safety-at-sea shop and buy the right stuff. Take it back to them for
proper refit at the interval they tell you.....just like the liferaft and
flares.

If it's a daysailor/dock condo...disregard this message...(c;

--
Larry