Lew Hodgett

Default Clearance on cabinetwork?

Glenn Ashmore wrote:

Just put the finishing touches on the forward stateroom. The last
thing was
a 6 drawer stack. Stainless full extention slides with push-pull
latches.
Perfectly aligned with an even 1/32" clearance around all the drawer
faces.
As I was admiring my work I suddenly remembered that this is a boat!
Things
move!

Now I am worried that once Rutu is in the water and has tension on the
rigging if the frame racks even a little I will never get the drawers
open
again. I am thinking I should plane the drawer faces down a little
but how
much allowance should I give for movement?

One of the better arguments I've seen for not having drawers on a boat.

An even better argument for using slide out baskets and drapes.

Less weight, better ventilation, more usable space, etc, etc.

Lew