Default Hey Peggie / Group - LactraSan question

Peggie / Gang:

Given that holding tanks and their attendant odors, pumpout hassles and
maintenance headaches are a real PItA, *why don't the manufacturers of
new yachts forgo them altogether* and install the LactraSan instead?
That is, while walking through new 35+ foot sailboats at recent boat
shows, most manufacturers seems to emphasise the size of the vessel's
holding tank. Wouldn't it be wiser to state "we don't need no stinking
holding tank" (because the boat is equipped with a LactraSan)?

I appreciate that there are some No Discharge Zones in which the
LactraSan would be illegal, but aren't these primarily in fresh water
environments - places where 35+ foot sailboats are unlikely to
frequent? (Related question: can you direct me to any on-line resource
which indicates where the US NDZ's are located?).

Next, with regard to the LactaSan: If one has 4 or 5 guests on-board,
and (for some unfathomable reason) they all need to make a deposit of
solid material within minutes of one another, will the LactraSan be
able to process this material? Put another way, what is the
'frequency' or 'cycle time' of the LactranSan?

Lastly, the diagrams on the LactraSan .pdf installation manual

(http://www.raritaneng.com/pdf_files/.../L270v0404.pdf)

do not show the location of any vented loop(s). Can you suggest where
these should be located?

Appreciate your insight.

Mike Worrall
Los Angeles