P.C. Ford

Default Boat Repair

On Fri, 07 Oct 2005 12:04:29 -0400, DSK wrote:

P.C. Ford wrote:
You shouldn't have a problem finding honest yards, if you have the
means. Honest yards are looking for good clients.

"If you have the means" is a key phrase. Many many boat owners with
large expensive boats very much prefer to do things the cheapest way
possible. As soon as they hear a phrase like "$15K per week in the shop"
they immediately start screaming "What a bunch of THIEVES!"

The strange thing is that I pay, and I suppose most people pay about
$70 an hour for someone to work on a car. But somehow boatwrights
don't deserve a living wage.

'Round here it takes $40 charged out to make a living.

"You mean you want me to forego necessities so that you can have a
luxory?"