PocoLoco

Default Oil use question

On 13 Oct 2005 12:27:41 -0700, "Big Pop" wrote:

Hi all, I'm new here so take it easy on me while I get my sea legs :-)

I have a question concerning the amount of oil my boat is using. From
day 1 it has used approximately 1/2 quart every 30 hours. The engine is
a 350 Chevy engine and I never bring the rpm's up over 3800. The
dealer, and several mechanics have told me this is perfectly normal,
and that all engines burn some oil.

Does this amount of oil consumption seem normal?

Thanks,

Big Pop.

I average about 80 hours a year, and have never had to add oil between changes
on the 5.7L Mercruiser.

I do, however, have to add a quart about every 2500 miles in my pickup which has
the 5.7L GMC engine. I've had to do that since it was new.

--
John H

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant: It's just that they know so much that isn't so."

Ronald Reagan