trainfan1

Default Oil use question

Big Pop wrote:
Hi all, I'm new here so take it easy on me while I get my sea legs :-)

I have a question concerning the amount of oil my boat is using. From
day 1 it has used approximately 1/2 quart every 30 hours. The engine is
a 350 Chevy engine and I never bring the rpm's up over 3800. The
dealer, and several mechanics have told me this is perfectly normal,
and that all engines burn some oil.

Does this amount of oil consumption seem normal?

Thanks,

Big Pop.

Well within acceptable range.

It may use less when it gets broken in... NEVER above 3800? That's a
shame. It's probably not yet fully "seated" or sealed yet!

Rob