Short Wave Sportfishing

Default Help me decide between these two boats...

On Sat, 21 Feb 2004 13:14:37 GMT, "NOYB" wrote:

"Petey the Wonder Dog" wrote in message
.. .
Far as I can tell, someone wrote:
The Seahunt Escape 175 or the Boston Whaler 170 Montauk. The Seahunt has
more "cushioned" seating where as the Boston Whaler is an obvious

workhorse.
Primary use will be just cruising along in the lake and ocean off of

Rhode
Island. Not much in the way of fishing but I want people on board to be
comfortable.

The Montauk is NOT a comfortable boat. It's a good boat, but it isn't a
comfortable boat.

Petey,
You're referring to the older montauks...not the new Montauk 170. It's a
bigger, wider, smoother-riding, and more comfortable boat.

I looked closely at it before buying a mid-90's Outrage 17. My boat was the
second-to-last year that Whaler sold a non-Commercial Brad
Dougherty-designed hull. Dougherty now makes Edgewater boats...which is
another 17' boat blahb should look at.

Here's another thought - wonder why I didn't mention this the other
day.

You might want to look at Polar boats. While they are new to the
market in terms of fiberglass boats, they appear to have built one
hell of a center console. Well made, everything fits, solid as a rock
and the ride is beautiful and dry. Prices are very competitive with
boats like Edgewater and Whaler.

As in all things, five years down the road, they might not even exist,
but Godfrey Marine has been around for a while so the probability is
that they might not go away.

Later,

Tom
S. Woodstock, CT