Chuck Tribolet

Default Help me decide between these two boats...

FWIW, the other day I had to figure out how much my whaler was
worth for an insurance estimate. Using BUC and NADA, I was quite
surprised that it had lost only about 20% of its value in a little over
six years. I was expecting more like 30-40% (which is still darn good,
given that the last truck I sold had lost about 50% in a little under
six years).

I have the older (up through about 2001) Montauk 167. I've got a dive
buddy with the new Montauk 170, and it rides a good bit better.

--
Chuck Tribolet

http://www.almaden.ibm.com/cs/people/triblet

Silicon Valley: STILL the best day job in the world.

"blahb" wrote in message ...
That's the thing, the Whaler is about $1800 more than the Seahunt but I am
told that the Whaler has a much better resale value down the road so the
$1800 isn't relevant over the life of the boat.

The Seahunt LOOKS more comfortable but then again lots of people are saying
the ride on the Whaler and the stability of it is second to none. I seem to
be even more confused now.

"." .@. wrote in message
On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 18:45:12 -0500, "blahb" wrote:

The Seahunt Escape 175 or the Boston Whaler 170 Montauk. The Seahunt has
more "cushioned" seating where as the Boston Whaler is an obvious

workhorse.
Primary use will be just cruising along in the lake and ocean off of

Rhode
Island. Not much in the way of fishing but I want people on board to be
comfortable. Any thoughts?

Seahunt is a superior boat for your use. Whaler is overpriced and
meant for fishermen that want maximum speed over comforts like
cushioned seating.