MRusson

On Sat, 24 Sep 2005 19:05:17 -0700, "Brian D"
wrote:

Soooo ...what about hardness as compared to epoxy, and what about vinylester
as a gap-filling glue? If the hardness is similar or higher than epoxy but
the elongation and shear strength is not lower than epoxy, then that would
be great. If the vinylester can and will bond like epoxy, that that would
be great. When I say 'bond like epoxy', that means non-shrinking
gap-filling and stronger than the wood ...the wood fails before the glue
joint fails when you perform destructive tests. If vinylester can't live up
to these standards, then I'd stick with epoxy (haha).

Brian

Just some info for you about Corezyn Vinyl Ester resin. The numbers
speak for themselves.
http://www.geocities.com/duke_of_ur1/Lenox/
Click the vinyl ester resin link to the left.
I have liked vinyl ester resins for years, and don't see why more
people don't use them. They have, in most cases, superior results and
the price is better. Thats my 2 cents worth. I like the Interplastics
Corezyn VE-8117. It is a great resin.

M Russon